WHO KNEW THAT SKIN, OUR BoDIES lARGEST ORGAN, NEEDED SO MUCH LOVE!
Getting up a sweat can be good for your health and body, but sometimes, not as good for your skin. While it is a great detoxifier, it also can clog your pores with bacteria if you don’t follow a suitable skincare regimen.
Our InspireCycle classes certainly make you get your sweat on, so here are some ways to make sure your skin stays as healthy as your body and mind…
- Makeup: Exercising with make-up on is a big no-no! When you get sweaty, your pores open and the combination of sweat and oil-producing makeup can clog your pores causing a breakout. Washing your face and removing makeup before you exercise will be a lifesaver! Thinking of taking a pre-workout selfie? #Allthefilters 😉
- Hair: Makes all the difference! Having your hair pulled back is essential to keeping your skin healthy while working out. Sweat allows hair products you may have used to drip on your skin while working out, which again can lead to a breakout. Keeping your hair as out-of-your-face as possible will make a world of difference!
- Post-workout wash: A few minutes in the bathrooms after your class can save your skin for days to come! Once you have finished exercising, wiping your sweat away with a clean gym towel or a quick swipe with Witch Hazel is the best way to avoid bacteria. It is also essential to get out of your active wear, and wash your face ASAP. Let your pores breathe, and take a shower – but avoid a hot shower. Research suggests that a short lukewarm shower is best post-workout as hot water can strip the skin of essential natural oils.
- Say no to exfoliation, and yes to moisturiser: Avoid exfoliating your face straight after a workout, as too much exfoliation will dehydrate and exacerbates a breakout – a gentle cleanser is ideal! When you exercise, your skin loses water through sweat, leaving it dehydrated meaning moisturiser needs to be a must in your post-workout routine!
- Water, water, water: As well as moisturising, make sure you replenish your body with water after you exercise – not only will your body need it, but your skin will too!
What are your go-to beauty products?
Love + Light